12 September, 2010

Hop to Switzerland

My host parents kindly took me right on over to Switzerland today, which wasn't that long of a drive. We went to this museum to see an Edward Hopper exhibit. Edward Hopper is an American artist who's known for his melancholy, lonely scenes and his influence from impressionism. Don't take my word for it, though, as I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Maybe this will help? Anyway, I liked most, if not all of what I saw.

There's still more to that!
The museum itself was beautiful, and it used to be this big house for people I'm too lazy to research. It's probably on the museum's website, which I've already linked. We took some pictures in the garden in the back of the house, which I know you're dying to see.

After our museum outing we were quite hungry indeed, so we went into town and had ourselves a nice meal (not before trying to leave first because they were so slow. Tell a Swiss they're not on time and they'll fix that!) of hash-browns with cheese on top. 1. If I remembered what it was called, I'd certainly put it here. 2. In the last post I talked about Amie yelling "I'm so hungry!" but all I want to yell is "I'm so full!" 'Tis true!

I've eaten a lot here. A lot of cheese, and dairy in fact. I'm full just thinking about everything... it's just so delicious! Dinner is always a delight, and tonight we had Jumbalaya.

No comments: