23 August, 2010

Berk!

Photo courtesy of Robyn Bianchin
The day before yesterday I got a surprise invite to the Lady Gaga concert at the Tacoma Dome by my friend Christine, whose friend had won tickets from the radio station but couldn't go because she got her tonsils out and was recuperating. It was such a blast, and Gaga has a great personality onstage. Everyone and their mother was there (not kidding... bumped into my friend Chelci and her mom) along with half the gays in Washington (big surprise).

Caitlin, Lauren, and I
Caitlin as Lotte
Yesterday I woke up feeling terrible; sore froat, stuffy/leaky nose, headache, cough. Needless to say, feeling sexy on an August morning. However, I had Jill's rip-roarin' murder-mystery party to go to that evening so I bucked up and had a good time there as well. Jill insisted that I run it as I've been to so many before and she was occupied in the kitchen. In my state of August Ick, though, it took me about twelve times to read the directions and inform everyone on how the game's played. All in all it went swimmingly, except for me who ended up being the killer. Caitlin's an excellent cook, by the way, and is part of a new blog which can be found here. Jill and I spent an hour saying goodbye to each other.

Instead of getting up and out of the house today to run errands (ordering Euros from the bank, giving new insurance information to the dentist, etc.) and see people, I lounged around like the invalid I am and enjoyed watching Roseanne, and reading the book I just ordered that finally came in the mail, called City of Thieves by David Benioff.

Enjoy the rest of your evening! Not much longer until France! Hopefully tomorrow I can stop being such a baby and go do something productive.

No comments: