30 August, 2010

Everthing's Packed!

To those receiving these posts through email: it's easier to view the pictures in the posts, and everything on the side bar if you go to the website. It should be linked at the bottom of the email. Follow in Madame S's footsteps and bookmark it!

So. Everything is packed and ready to go, I've said my goodbyes to everyone, and I've just consumed my favorite tea (the kind I swiped from Mallary's mom's cupboard) out of one of my favorite cups (the mug with the Star of David pattern that I got from Jessie). It'll just be a hop, skip, and a plane ride until I'm here:
Courtesy of API
I've been receiving emails mostly from my host mother, who seems to be really nice, and I'm so glad they've opened their home to me. I believe in the last message she tried to throw in some humor but I'm not so adept at picking it up because as far as I know she could be serious. Serious about what? Tea time at 5 every evening, and having an aid in the house who irons things and cleans the floors. Why is this ambiguous? Well, with tea there will be a candle and incense which seems a tad bit peculiar but I don't mind if it's for real. Also, this aid could be the family cat. The ironing doesn't make sense, I know, but it might be a joke because she spends her time on the floor... I'm not convinced. I also got an email from my host brother introducing himself and asking if I know how to ski or snowboard. I replied that I did not, and that if he wants to teach me I'll try it.

Anyway, we have about four days or so in Paris before traveling to Grenoble, and we'll be going to the Musée d'Orsay which is great because we didn't go when I went in 2008. Also, it seems we have episodes of free time which start in the late afternoon so some things I'd like to do: go to the Museum of Fashion, and tour the catacombs.

No comments: