09 August, 2010

J'espère Qu'ils Sont Snobs

Here I am, minding my own business, playing The Sims 3 and also reading Jill's blog, when my dad comes home and yells to me from downstairs that I've received some mail. Picture me getting up from my bed, and walking downstairs to the kitchen in slow motion. Why? Because, dear readers, this is it. This is the packet of information I've been waiting for since I signed up to go to France. I'm about to find out who my host family is.

After reading through papers about getting off the plane, our first week itinerary, and the like, I come to the holy grail. As it reads:
The family consists of a mother Marie-Emmanuelle, a father Frédéric and their 3 children. Olivier (1979) and Clément (1984) no longer live at home. Sylvain (1994), studies in Lyon and comes back most of the time for the week ends. Marie-Emmanuelle is a teacher and Frédéric is a surgeon. They have a beautiful house with a large back yard just outside of Grenoble. The bus will take you to the tram station (which takes you to campus) and also downtown in about 15 minutes. They have two pets, a dog that loves to play and a cat. You will have your own bedroom with a bed, desk, night table, lamps, shelves, and closet You will also have your own bathroom downstairs. This is your classical French family. They love the outdoors, especially the mountains. They are very busy during the week and usually always in the mountains on Sundays. This family is also very artistic. Frédéric sculps wood in his free time, Marie-Emmanuelle paints and Sylvain plays the electric guitar. They like spending time with the foreigner students, going to the cinema, having family activities. Nobody smokes in the house and they have wireless internet.
Did you see that, y'all? Wireless internet.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

HOLY GOD I AM SO EXCITED, NICK! I WANT TO HEAR EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD ABOUT THIS ON THURSDAY. UGH I COULD PUKE I'M THAT EXCITED!

Heather said...

OH GOD! This is so perfect. I imagine it being just like the sound of music...you in your lederhosens with your French family hiking in the Alps on weekends. And Olivier! What a nice name huh? AND the father is a wood sculpter? CAN THINGS GET ANY BETTER FOR YOU IN LIFE? So great!