20 August, 2010

A Steaming Pile of Greatness

Originally titled: Prettiest Thing the Cat Dragged In, but I couldn't decide whether it should be Dragged or Drug, and really I should know this as a budding Linguistics minor but whatever. A re-title is better than no title.

Anyway, what's so great? Well I sent an email off to my host family yesterday evening and got a reply back earlier tonight. I just gave a description about myself, my family, where I'm from, what I like to do, what I'm studying, etc., along with many thanks. The email back described their family a bit and what they like to do, what kind of movies they like, stuff like that. From what my host mother said, they try to be green, but still enjoy their showers and heated living. She (probably going off of what I said about being a bookworm) said they have an extensive library of books, movies, magazines, etc. which is exciting as I imagine walking into a room with built-in bookshelves, much like what Belle experiences in Beauty and the Beast (though I know not to get my hopes too high as that scenario is close to ridiculous). She also told me that it was a good thing I don't have the height of a basketball player, as my 19th century bed (love antiques!) is only 2 meters long. On that note, my host mother and father both have Smartphones with conversion tables which helps as I haven't studied the metric conversion as much as I planned. Or at all. She then asks me what kind of phone I have, comments on my two different colored eyes, and ends the letter promising an email with recent pictures.

Everything is magical.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I honestly chuckled out loud when I read the thing about the Beauty and the Beast library. I love your host family so much already! I am just so happy that you get to be you because your life is so perfect at this moment. It is like I'm looking up at you sitting on your golden chair of glory with a beautiful golden aura surrounding you...aaaand you are sipping on some Country Time Lemonade saying "mmm...It's good to be Nick Cousino".